Version Date: 21 April
The following words and phrases have these meanings in this document:
- 1.1. “Enticing Brands” or “us” or “we” means Enticing Brands (Pty) Ltd, a limited liability company incorporated according to the company laws of the Republic of South Africa with registration number 2019/625997/07.
- 1.2. “Personal Information” is as defined in POPI.
- 1.3. “POPI” means the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013, as amended.
- 1.4. “Portal” means the Website and/or any mobile application launched or provided by Enticing Brands to enable you to access the Services.
- 1.5. “Process” in relation to Personal Information means to collect, organise, store, modify, retrieve, refer to, distribute, or erase, or otherwise as defined in POPI.
- 1.6. “Service(s)” means any services available for use on the Portal or provided by Enticing Brands.
- 1.7. “You” or the “User” means any person accessing or browsing any part of the Website or the Portal for any purpose or using the Services.
- 1.8. “Website” means the website of Enticing Brands at URL https://enticeme.mobi/ (including subdomains) or such other URL as Enticing Brands may choose from time to time.
2. Status and Amendments
3. Privacy: Casual Surfing
- 3.1. You may visit the Website without providing any Personal Information. The Website servers may in such instances collect the IP address of your computer, but not the email address or any other distinguishing information. This information is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent at the Website, pages viewed, etc. We use this information to determine use of the Website, and to improve content thereon. We assume no obligation to protect this information, and may copy, distribute or otherwise use such information without limitation.
4. Collection of Personal Information
- 4.1. When you register an account on the Portal or use the Services available on the Portal, Enticing Brands collects Personal Information about you, including information that directly or indirectly identifies you if you choose to share it with Enticing Brands. You consent to Enticing Brands processing your Personal Information as set out herein.
- 4.2. Enticing Brands will only collect Personal Information for a purpose consistent with the purpose for which it is required. Enticing Brands collects the following information:
- your name and surname;
- your username;
- your email address;
- your password;
- your contact details; and
- information from your browser, computer, or mobile device, which provide us with technical information when you access or use the Portal or the Services, including device and network information, cookies and analytics information.
- 4.3. Should your Personal Information change at any point, please contact us and provide us with such updates as soon as reasonably possible.
- 4.4. Enticing Brands allows you to sign up and log in to the Portal using third-party services and social media applications, such as Gmail and Facebook. If you access the Portal with third-party accounts, Enticing Brands will collect information you have agreed to make available such as your name, email address, profile information and preferences with the third-party account.
5. Use and Processing of Personal Information
- 5.1. Enticing Brands will only Process Personal Information in a manner that is adequate, relevant and not excessive in the context of the purpose for which it is Processed. That purpose will be compatible with that for which it was collected, unless you have consented to an alternative purpose in writing or we are permitted by POPI or in terms of national legislation of general application.
- 5.1. Enticing Brands will not, without your express consent, use your Personal Information for any purpose other than as set out below.
- 5.2. Enticing Brands uses the information we collect to:
- provide you with access to the Portal;
- allow you to create an account on the Portal;
- present certain material set out on the Portal to you;
- as necessary to provide our Services and pursuant to our Terms and Conditions and the relevant agreement you entered into with us to use such Services;
- allow you to submit requests through the Portal to obtain possible services and/or products provided by suppliers listed on the Website;
- communicate with you as necessary;
- provide your name to suppliers once you have accepted the offer from such supplier;
- allow suppliers to contact you through the Portal once you have accepted an offer from such supplier;
- allow ancillary third-party suppliers to contact you through the Portal once you have accepted an offer and with your consent;
- inform you of new features, special offers and promotional competitions (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us);
- improve the Portal;
- where necessary to comply with any legal obligation; and
- process as described elsewhere in this clause.
- 5.3. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT WE MAY USE PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED TO COMPILE PROFILES FOR STATISTICAL PURPOSES AND TRADE IN THESE PROFILES. WE MAY DE-IDENTIFY (ANONYMISE) AND THEN RETAIN AND USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR OUR OWN INTERNAL PURPOSES AND IN ORDER TO PROVIDE MARKET ANALYSIS AND RELATED SERVICES TO THIRD PARTIES. NO INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE PROFILES OR STATISTICS WILL BE ABLE TO BE LINKED TO ANY SPECIFIC USER.
- 5.4. You may, at any time, access your Personal Information which Enticing Brands holds. You may also correct your personal information held by Enticing Brands, should the need arise. In this regard, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Third Parties
- 6.1. We will not disclose any Personal Information relating to you to any third-party unless your prior written agreement is obtained, or we are required to do so by law.
- 6.2. You agree that through the use of the Portal and the Services, you may also receive offers from ancillary third-party suppliers and should you accept such offer, we may provide your contact details to such third-party supplier.
7. Destruction of Personal Information
- 7.1. Enticing Brands will delete all Personal Information, insofar as it relates to you when it receives a written instruction from you to do so unless we are obliged by law or under our obligations to you to retain such information.
- 7.2. Enticing Brands will destroy or delete any Personal Information that is no longer needed by us for the purpose it was initially collected, or subsequently Processed.
8. Collection of anonymous data
- 8.1. Enticing Brands may utilise temporary or session cookies. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your device (computer, mobile phone, tablet or other) by a website’s server. Each cookie is unique to your web browser and contains completely anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the website name. This allows a website to remember things like your personal preferences, products you prefer or what’s in your shopping basket.
- 8.2. Enticing Brands utilises first and third-party cookies. This enables it to improve Users’ experience on the Portal through various means such as storing preferences (like keeping a User logged in) or determining aggregate usage behaviour (time on site, number of pages viewed etc.) through web analytics tools like Google Analytics and to provide more relevant display advertising to users who have visited the Portal, using third party tools such as the Google Analytics Remarketing.
- 8.3. This allows Enticing Brands to track your use of the Portal.
- 8.4. Cookies by themselves will not be used to personally identify Users but Enticing Brands may use them to compile de-identified statistics relating to use of or feedback on the performance of the Portal.
- 8.5. The following classes of information may be collected in respect of Users who have enabled cookies:
- The browser software used;
- IP address;
- Date and time of activities while visiting the Portal;
- URLs of internal pages visited; and
- referring websites, search engines and the like.
- 8.6. Enticing Brands is committed to providing you choices to manage your privacy and sharing.
- 8.7. If you do not wish cookies to be employed to customize your interaction with this Website, it is possible to alter the manner in which your browser handles cookies. Please note that, if this is done, certain services on this Website may not be available. Users can also opt out of the Google Display Network using the Ads Preferences Manager. Because some of the Portal’s features utilise cookies, we recommend that Users do not block them.
9. Links to other websites
- 10.1. Enticing Brands will take appropriate, reasonable technical and organisational measures as required by applicable law to protect the information submitted to or collected by the Portal from loss, misuse, unauthorised disclosure, alteration or destruction.
- 10.2. Enticing Brands will secure the integrity and confidentiality of Personal Information in its possession or under its control by taking appropriate, reasonable technical and organisational measures to prevent:
- 10.2.1. loss of, damage to or unauthorised destruction of Personal Information; and
- 10.2.2. unlawful access to or processing of Personal Information
- 10.3. Enticing Brands will take reasonable measures to:
- 10.3.1. identify all reasonably foreseeable internal and external risks to Personal Information in its possession or under its control;
- 10.3.2. establish and maintain appropriate safeguards against the risks identified;
- 10.3.3. regularly verify that the safeguards are effectively implemented; and
- 10.3.4. ensure that the safeguards are continually updated in response to new risks or deficiencies in previously implemented safeguards.
- 10.4. Enticing Brands endeavours to protect your Personal Information, but you understand that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure, and Enticing Brands cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. Transmitting Personal Information is done at your own risk.
11. EU Members’ Rights
- 11.1. If you normally live in the European Union (“EU”), you have the right to access, rectify, download or erase your information, as well as the right to restrict and object to certain processing of your Personal Information as fully described here:
- 11.1.1. you can access your information by logging into your account and can rectify, restrict, limit or delete your information;
- 11.1.2. if Enticing Brands Processes your information as set out above, you can object to this Processing in certain circumstances;
- 11.1.3. if you have given Enticing Brands consent to Process information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time; and
- 11.1.4. if you have a concern about our use of your information, you have the right to raise such concern with your local supervisory authority.
12. Transfer of Personal Information
- 12.1. Enticing Brands’ Website and the Portal are operated from the Republic of South Africa (“RSA”). If you are not located here, and choose to use the Website and the Portal, or provide information to Enticing Brands, you acknowledge and understand that your information will be transferred, processed and stored in the RSA, as it is necessary, and the RSA’s privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction.
- 12.2. If you are a resident of the EU, Enticing Brands is the controller of your personal data for the purposes of EU data protection law.
- 12.3. Enticing Brands will not transfer your Personal Information or any portion of it to any third party for any reason without your prior written consent, except to the extent that Enticing Brands uses third party service providers to host its database, subject to the provisions of clause 10 (Security).
- 12.4. Enticing Brands may use hosting or cloud services to operate this Website and the Portal and store its data which are not located in the RSA. If Enticing Brands does so, it will ensure that the level of protection given to your Personal Information is at least as good as that provided for under RSA Law, either by means of a binding contract with the service provider, or by using a service provider located in a country with privacy laws of similar or stronger effect.